picture

searchwarp.com

Tuesday 10 April 2012

My Baby has Down Syndrome..

My baby has down syndrome...my baby is now a teenager but that was the shocking news that we received when she was born more than 13 years ago. With this news also came a lot of questions and uncertainty. Questions reguarding her health and the future. Now more that 13 years along this jouney I am happy to say that she has brought  much joy and blessing into our lives as well as into the lives of friends, family and of  those at school and church. God is at work in all of our lives and He has a plan for each of our lives and He can use every one of us regardless of our handicaps to bring blessing and hope to those around us. God has taught me many lessons by giving me the gift of our daughter.
Examples: (1)  Love your child for who he or she is without comparing them to others.
(2) It's not all about the life that we live here. This short little time that we have here on earth is so small compared to eternity to come that it is so important to keep our eyes on Jesus and our eternal home with Him there. (3) Be thankful for what we have  rather than focus on the "not going to happen sort of things".
 (4) Expectations and goals set up for my child by others is not necessarily what is best for her or what she needs.
(5) In Heaven she will not have a disability - she will be free to express her love to Jesus without the limitations of now.
And probably most important is that God made her exactly who He wanted her to be.  She is equal to every one else in His eyes - fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139: 13-17
13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
 14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
 15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
 17How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
I feel honored to have been called by God to be her mother! Thank-you Heavenly Father for this wonderful gift that you have allowed into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment