picture

searchwarp.com

Wednesday 9 May 2012

A Mother's Day Card

In a few days, we will be celebrating Mother's Day. Children are a gift from God. Mother's Day is a day to honor our moms but I also feel that it is a day that I want to celebrate the fact that God has given me the privelege of being a mom and so I like to reflect on the blessings that my children are to me.
I thought I might share some parts of a card that my son #2 made for me for Mother's Day when he was in elementary school. I like to keep special things and writings that my children have made at school. I hope anyone reading this will be blessed.

It is a hand made card with hand drawn pictures, colored with crayons, hand printed, etc.

On the front cover is a picture of a bear holding flowers and the bear says "Look Mom I picked flowers for you!" Happy Mother's Day!.
Then inside the card is : A Recipe for a Marvelous Mom
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of love
1 tsp. of spice
1 dash of sweetness
1 Tbsp. of hugs
1 pinch of patience
1 litre of kindness

Steps:
Mix the love and hugs in a bowl. Pour in the litre of kindness and tsp of spice. Throw in dash of sweetness and pinch of patience. Take out the lumps and pour it into a mould.
Turn over  the mould and out comes a Marvelous Mom!
Thank-you son #2 for this card that I treasure.

Heavenly Father, Thank-You for the wonderful children that You have given to me and have given me the privelege of being their mom. I love each one and each one is precious to me but I realize that they are even more loved and precious to You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment