picture

searchwarp.com

Saturday 16 June 2012

Dad in Heaven.......

Sunday June 17th is Father's Day. I wonder if they celebrate Father's Day up in heaven? If you have been following my blog you will know that my Dad is in heaven as I have written a couple of posts about him. But on Father's Day, even though he is in heaven,  I like to remember him since hey - he gave me life plus he also  had a very positive influence in my life. Since he has been gone, there have been times when I have wished he were here so that he could give me advice or that he could see the accomplishments of our children. He did dearly love his grandchildren. In those times when I have felt I needed my Dad, God has reminded me that He is here and that He wants to be my Daddy and fill every void that is there due to my Dad not being here any more. I praise and thank God that He is my Daddy. He is my Heavenly Father.  2 Corinthians 6:18 says:
 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty


This is a picture of my Dad.



I found the lyrics to a song my Dad really liked. It was sung by Jim Reeves and written by Kathryn Twitty.


Daddy my Daddy Teach me how to Pray

One night a sleepy little boy knelt beside my bed
He smiled and looked into my eyes and this is what he said
Daddy, my daddy, you've taught me lots today
So daddy, my daddy, teach me how to pray.

You brought me home a brand new kite showed me how to fly
And there ain't no wonder kid who's dad can knock a ball so high
I'd like to thank God for you, but I don't know what to say
So daddy, my daddy, teach me how to pray.

I'd had to turn and leave his room, he began to cry
I didn't want my boy to know but so did I
His best pal forsaken him but what was there to say
For daddy, yes daddy, had forgotten how to pray.

(Daddy, my daddy, teach me how to pray.)...

No comments:

Post a Comment