picture

searchwarp.com

Thursday 14 June 2012

Gender Selective Abortions......

Genesis 4:9-11
And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;


This morning I was listening to the radio as I usually do as part of my morning routine. The discussion involved gender selective abortions. I was utterly disgusted to learn that this practice is going on within Manitoba's health care system. The question they were asking is whether gender selective abortions is founded in a  prejudice against a particular gender whether female or male. It's horrific to imagine that a couple would go for an ultrasound for the purpose of identifying whether their baby is boy or girl, then choose to have it aborted if it is not what they wanted. Seriously, we are not shopping for clothing or a car here, we are talking about a human life created by God Himself. We are talking about a human being's life, a life that is equally as precious as the lives of the  parents who are making these horrible decisions.  I think it is time that people realize there is a God up in Heaven and that each of us will give an account to Him for the things we have done on this earth in our lifetimes.  Abortion is the killing of a child and therefore it is murder and that is how God sees it. As the opening verses that I posted - the blood of the murdered victims cries out to God.

Romans 14:11-12
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God

  The discussion on the radio went on to the abortion of most babies with down syndrome. Parents are encourage by their doctors to have an ultrasound to check the health of the baby. If down syndrome is detected, then abortion is recommended. This also is a horrific tragedy. God creates each human life with loving care and there is no doctor or health practioner that has the authority to recommend killing innocent children.  How can we as a nation survive if we mess with the authority of God like this? God sees and knows what is going on and such as this grieves His heart. God is God and we as people are not God, neither in a position to pretend that we are.

Psalm 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

I remember when my baby was born with down syndrome. You can read about this in the archives section of this blog. Our baby was born in the local hospital here but was rushed to Winnipeg by ambulance when it was determined that she was seriously ill. So I spent sometime in the hospital in Winnipeg as well. I remember one particular doctor in Winnipeg speaking to me about my daughter's condition and the way he spoke puzzled me. He kept implying that we would be giving her up to adoption. There was no way that I was going to give her up for adoption. So I had to tell him very plainly "We are keeping her". That changed the conversation. I could not imagine a doctor suggesting to me that I should give up my child. There had never been a question in our minds whether we would keep her.  My husband and I knew that God had planned this special baby for us, that he wanted us to love her and raise her and that really she is God's little girl. She is a gift to us for this short time on earth.

Jesus loves all children and we can plainly see that in the following verses:

Luke 18: 15-17
15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter there

So if anyone out there is considering having abortion - Please please do not give your child to be put to death.
Not for gender selection nor for a birth or growth abnormality. It is just not right to abort the baby. God will give you the strength to care for every one of the children that he gives to you - only trust Him to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment