picture

searchwarp.com

Saturday 21 July 2012

Heaven - Eternal Life!

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
 It is eight years now since my Dad left this earth - around 9:10 AM on July 21, 2004 he passed throught the door of death and into Heaven. We wonder what will Heaven be like?  We know that being with Jesus in the presence of God the Father will make it so awesome - we cannot really even begin to imagine what it will be like. I'd like to post a few Scriptures about Heaven as I remember my Dad today. 



Jesus will welcome us home to Heaven!
My Dad as a young man.  I imagine how Jesus will have welcomed him home to heaven eight years ago. "Well done, good and faithful servant".
Below is a picture of my Dad reading to my twin boys ( his grandsons) years ago. He did so love his family.

So what can we know about Heaven?
1) Jesus is preparing our heavenly home for us - John 14:2   In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
2) We will dwell with God - Revelation 21:3 - and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God
3) There will be no more pain, tears, sorrow or death at all! - Revelation 21:4 -And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
4)  The Glory of God and the Lord Jesus will be the light in heaven - Revelation 21:23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof
5) No evil of any kind will be allowed into heaven - Revelation 21:27  And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
6) The throne of God is there and we will be serving God - Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
7) There is no end to heaven -a gift given and it is eternal, we are safe there - John 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand
As I think about heaven, I find myselft longing for heaven more and more. This earth really has nothing to offer in comparison at all. Try to think of the most exciting thing here on earth that you like to do - then put that up against being with Jesus in the Presence of God at His throne serving Him, no pain or sorrow of any kind forever! -  we see that there is no earthly pleasure here that can even begin to compare. So let us fully and whole heartedly commit our lives to the Lord Jesus and let us be ready to meet Him.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment