picture

searchwarp.com

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Declaration of Faith!!

Don't you just long for the time when President Obama or Prime Minister Stephen Harper would make a declaration that said this - It would be the top story on CBC, ABC and CBS for sure:

I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end. He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.
The above decree of course comes from the Book of Daniel in chapter 6. Daniel 6 was a part of my morning devotions this morning and I just began to long for the day when my Canadian Prime Minister Harper or the USA President Obama would get a real glimpse of who God is and they would be willing to take this kind of a stand for the One and Only true living God. So many times we see our leaders embracing all religions. You see this being played out when a national tragedy happens, an interfaith ( all religions included) service is held. It is sad because people are trusting empty religions that can never help them at all. If only the LORD God had His rightful place and the true gospel of Christ - that is salvation through Jesus Christ alone, were proclaimed, then real comfort and hope could be seen in trying and difficult times.
In Matthew 11:28-29 Jesus says Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
and in Luke 4:18 Jesus says The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
So we see that the One who truly cares and can comfort and heal broken hearts is Jesus. None of the other religions that are out there are of any help at all ( not Islam, not Hinduism, not Mormonism, not Budhism, or paganism etc) . Come to Jesus today - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you 1Peter 5:7
Prayer: Heavenly Father I pray that You would give special insight into the hearts of Prime Minister Harper and President Obama that both of them would come to know that You alone are Only One true God, the LORD God Almightly, creator of Heaven and Earth. I ask that You would arrange circumstances and provide a national opportunity for them to stand boldly for You and declare to all the peoples and nations of the world that You alone are God - in You alone is salvation.To You Father God be all glory and power now and forever, In Jesus precious Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment