picture

searchwarp.com

Monday 13 August 2012

Miracles of God in our Lives!!

Psalm 106:8  Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.
Many times as I have read my Bible, I have been wowed by the fact that God does things in order to make His great Name known. It is His will that we become familiar with how great and awesome He is, that He does mightly things for the glory of His Name. It pleases the Lord that we exalt Him in our daily life. He is active and present in our life everyday and we would see Him act if we would only want to live that close in relationship with Him.
Ezekiel 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
So the first reason that God actively works among us is to make His Great Name known but there is another reason that I would also like to mention. The second reason is that He acts on our behalf. He sees us in our situation and the need that we are in and He comes to our aid. We find ourselves in a situation and we see no relief or way to get out of our mess. And at just such a time, when we are at the end of ourselves, we find that the Lord has been waiting for us to get to the point that we will cry out to Him.
Psalm 76: 7-9 says  - You, Yourself, are to be feared;
And who may stand in Your presence
When once You are angry?
You caused judgment to be heard from heaven;
The earth feared and was still,
When God arose to judgment,
To deliver all the oppressed of the earth.


There are many stories in the Bible where God does great things that are humanly impossible. We can think of how the young boy David killed the giant Goliath. We think of Gideon and how he got victory with just 300 men in a battle against those much mightier or how God rained down bread (called manna) for the travelling Israelites. We can think of the stories of Samson or Esther - great Bible stories that show how God does what seems humanly impossible. Of course in the New Testament there are also the stories where Jesus changed water into wine, He healed people who were sick - the lepers, the crippled, those who could not speak and those who were possessed by demons, and others were raised from the dead. In many of these Bible stories I have mentioned, God was exalted and glorified and people were helped. These two concepts are found together quite frequently.
It would be encouraging to hear more testimonies today of how God met a need , a seemingly impossible situation turned by the direct touch of the Lord's hand. I invite you to share your stories in the comment section here. It would be glorifying to the Lord to tell of His great help and kindness to us.
A Couple of Stories from me: There would be many stories that I could tell but I will share two.
When my twin boys were about six months old ( they are 20 now so its been a few years), my younger twin developed croup. I can't tell you a lot about croup, but it is very frightening as the child struggles immensely, is very frightened and is almost unable to breathe as he gasps for air. My son was hospitalized and put into a contained crib tent where cool humid air was constantly being filtered into it. This was supposed to relieve the croup so that my son would be able to breathe until the virus passed. Days went by and there was no improvement to his condition. The doctors were at their wits end, not knowing anymore what to do to help my son. We invited our Pastor Al to come to the hospital to pray over our son. My husband stayed in the hospital that night by our son's side and as I drove back home to care for our other twin son, I just broke down and cried out to the Lord for His intervention. I still know exactly where I was on the highway when this happened. I went home and the very next day, the doctors decided to remove the humidity tent and see what would happen as nothing they had done so far had helped. As soon as the tent was removed from my son's crib, he began to breathe with ease - and he was ready to come home again after a very short time. I know for a fact that somehow, God healed my son when that humidity tent was removed. The Lord inspired the doctors to make that bold choice the very morning after our Pastor prayed and I had my moments of surrender on the highway. Praise the Lord for that healing!
The second story I will share happened just very recently. My husband and I have a very small farm here growing canola and wheat. It has been incredibley dry here all summer. We had frost, hail and a dust storm hit our crop as well as a real lack of rain.  The canola crop looked poor all summer and produced only half as much as we would expect on a normal year. No surprise there -But to our surprise when we combined the wheat, it was not a poor crop at all. The wheat produced what is a known as bumper crop - above the average of a good year. My husband was seriously shocked by the amount of grain he hauled off that field. It is a miracle from the Lord that in the midst of the drought, the hail, the frost etc, the crop was greater than what we see on a good crop year. Praise God for all that wheat but more importantly Praise God that He can make wheat grow without what we consider necessary for growth. He did it with His own Mighty Hand!!
That is just a taste of how I have seen the Lord work - there is so much more to share. As I said earlier, please feel free to share a story of how the Lord has worked in your life. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment