picture

searchwarp.com

Sunday 12 August 2012

My son's Bannock...

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Today one of my sons taught me to make Bannock. My younger twin has been on staff working at Bible camp all of the summer so when he was home today, he decided to make bannock. He had made it once before so I knew it was very good. He learned how to make it from other staff that work at camp. It 's very easy to make and really is quite delicious. The taste resembles a baking powder biscuit. So I made up a pot of chilli to eat on along side of the bannock and that was our Sunday supper today.
Here is a picture of the pan of bannock that my son made:


Next is a picture of the pan of bannock that I made with him guiding me.

So here is the recipe for the bannock:

Sister Sparrow's Son's Bannock:
3 cups flour
2 Tablespoons of baking powder
1 tsp of salt.
Stir together in a medium sized bowl.
Now add 1/4 cup of oil
1 and 1/2 cups of lukewarm tap water
Mix well. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
Pat into greased cookie sheet. Prick with fork.
Bake at 350F for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with butter or margarine and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment