picture

searchwarp.com

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Turning 50! ...Part 2

In my earlier post titled  Yep I'm Turning 50 Part 1 (  http://sharingthefaith-northernsparrow.blogspot.ca/2012/10/yep-im-turning-50-part-1.html ), I shared how my family surprised me with a birthday party two months early. I want to be able to look back here on my blog and remember the party and the gifts my Mom and sisters came up with for the "50 gifts for your 50th birthday box!"
So I took some pictures in order to help me remember everything:

I will call this one "My Fifties Stuff"
There is a jar of  Over the Hill Pills, a bottle of Niffty Fifty Pills, a nice coffee cup, a bit of "aged" honey from the farm-but not 50 yet!, a jar of 50 mints, 50th napkins, lens eyeglass cleaner, a keychain that says "people born on this day are great perfectionists. They enjoy being with family and relatives. People who like to set high standards. They can be wary of strangers."

Next is my "Heaven is Best" collection -
The note with the teapot reads as follows:
Just a little bit of advice-"some gold"
For times you are feeling kind of OLD-
Sit down and have a cup of tea
And remember " The BEST is yet to be!"

The kitchen scrubber holder is a cow to remind me of milking our dairy cows on my parents farm in my growing up years. The note there says - Did you ever see such a sight in your life - A far cry from what you used to milk!

Next is my "Purple Collection"
I was told at the party that an old lady like me should wear purple - so they gave me a purple scarf, a purple necklace, a purple wallet ( with a nickel and a penny inside! LOL) , a vase with purple flowers in it, another vase saying "Forget me not", and a couple of books - "My Jesus is Everything" by Anne Graham Lotz and  "Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life" by Charles Swindoll.  Along with my purple collection was a poem which I will share here:
Warning
 (by Jenny Joseph)
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me
And I shall spend my pension on summer gloves
and satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick flowers and learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and set a good example for our children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple!

Next - A Purple Hyacinth bulb, A phonebook to read in my sparetime, and everything to make Lemon Tarts

and knitting needles and yarn so I can start knitting!


Childhood Memories
Our Old Teddy Bear says :
I've had a lot of lovin' in my younger years-
But I sure wouldn't mind a bit more in these
Olden GOLDEN Years!

More Childhood Memories
When we were kids, my sister and I used to make purses out of cereal boxes just like this when we would play so my sister made a purse for my 50th birthday!
An old ball and a rubber ball with notes to go with:
Rubber Ball note - This rubber ball reminds me of our childhood days- only it still has it's color on it - ours usually did not keep the color very long. We used them for 7-up, catch, baseball at times or even to play Anti Anti Over ( in Low-German we would shout - anten, anten sant soa dumm de fracten hoava) 
Other Ball Note-It will be interesting to see
If you still remember me
Bouncing around was so much fun
 In the shade or in the sun!
Who or what do you think I am?

The Everything Else Gift Collection

So to all my family Thanks very much for making this a Thanksgiving day and birthday party a day to remember!

2 comments: