picture

searchwarp.com

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

First of all I would like to wish all my American friends who read my blog a very Happy Thanksgiving! May the Lord guide you and richly bless you and all your loved ones!

1 Chronicles 16:8 Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

As many of you know Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October so for me as a Canadian, my family and I have already celebrated Thanksgiving sometime ago. I wrote a post for the Canadian Thanksgiving titled - " It's Thanksgiving in Canada! " - link to the post here http://sharingthefaith-northernsparrow.blogspot.ca/2012/10/its-thanksgiving-in-canada.html
I shared a list of things that I am thankful for and today I am still thankful for each one of the things on that list. This past week while watching the news out of Israel and Gaza, I have become more thankful for something that I often take almost for granted - that is peace in our country. What a blessing it is from the Lord that we have the peace and quiet that we enjoy in our land. There is no fear of any bombs going off at any time. We do not have or need bomb shelters. We are truly blessed in Canada and for this peace that we enjoy, I am very grateful.

Here is my "thankfulness list" I posted in October:
I am Thankful to the Lord for:
* - my husband and each one of my children
* - our home, a warm bed to sleep in at night and food on the table
* - our garden and crops, and the garden tractors we sold
* - the health that we have though there are many challenges
* - my Bible and how God speaks to me
* - our school and the teachers that help my children
* - that our twin sons are both able to go to Bible based colleges
* - my mother-in-law survived her stroke and mostly recovered from it
* - my sister turned 60 years old and we could celebrate her day with a surprise party
* - our local grocery store and the nice people who run it
* - my husband could pump fill our water pond with water before the river got too dry
* - my son recovered from his concussion with the help of a professional chiropractor
* - my friend Percy
* - the snow that is falling here today ( Oct 4)
* - looks like the drought may be ending!
Now I would also like to add:
* - peace in our country with no threat of bombs
* - my son's good health and that he can manage his diabetes well
* - the peace of mind I experienced while at my dentist appointment
* - my Mom who is sweet and healthy at age 85
* - my 5 sisters who are my best friends
* - the fundraising is complete for my son's mission trip to Mexico
* - my internet friends

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? I would like to invite you to share something ( big or small ) that you are thankful for this year. If you are not comfortable leaving your name, feel free to stay anonymous. Please share in the comment section, and so everyone who reads here can share in your joy and thank the Lord together!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Revelation 11:17  Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment