picture

searchwarp.com

Friday 2 November 2012

Hurricane Sandy - A Prayer for you...

Psalm 22:24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Nor has He hidden His face from him; But when he cried to Him for help, He heard.

Hurricane Sandy has brought great destruction and tragedy to the United States - many deaths, flooding, homes destroyed, power outages. People are cold and there are food and water shortages. It breaks my heart and my eyes are filled with tears as I watch the news on TV everyday. It is so very very sad to see the pain and heartache of these people. The thought comes to my mind - "it could be me, my family" - what would I do and how would I cope, or - " where will a tragic event hit next?" That is something none of us knows.
So, to anyone reading this - if you are suffering in the midst of this tragic event or if you have family or friends affected by it, I want you to know that my heart aches for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. The only hope is to look to the Lord Jesus in difficult times - He knows your situation and He loves you. Turn to Him and trust in Him to get you through. I extend my deepest symathy to everyone who has suffered the loss of loved ones and homes due to Hurricane Sandy. May the Lord be very near to each of you.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Dear Heavenly Father, I ask you to bring relief and comfort to the people suffering from Hurricane Sandy. I ask that you would heal the broken hearts and help the people across the United States to turn to you for salvation and for help in these days. Oh Father, may they receive Your mercy and grace to help in this time of need. May Your Name be honored and glorified as You answer the prayers of the people. In Jesus name I ask. Amen
Psalm 22: 27-28 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, And all the families of the nations will worship before You. For the kingdom is the Lord’s  And He rules over the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment