picture

searchwarp.com

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Learning to Live for the Shepherd....

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Are you alone? or maybe the real question is - Do you feel alone? Many times we feel alone in our situations even though there are people all around us. The truth is that a Christian is never alone. The Lord our Shepherd is always with us, drawing us close to Himself, watching over us and taking care of us.
Read Psalm 23 again and let it soak into your spirit.
The Lord is my Shepherd...I shall not want....He leads me and provides for me. He is with me - I am not alone. 
He leads me in paths of righteousness - He leads me in the path He has chosen for my life - a life surrendered to Him.  We find God's will for our lives in His Word. God's Word is the light for our path.
God leads us by His Spirit -  He directs us in the study of His Word, the Bible.  Hard circumstances grow us in the path of righteousness. The struggles in our life create in us the need to turn to the Lord and to call upon Him and trust in Him to hold us.
For His Name's sake - Did you know that God has a reputation? It is His will for us that we live true to His Name and through this we bring glory to His Name! It pleases the Father that we bring glory to His Name.
In our own lives, we need to be proclaiming the authority that God has in our lives. We need to live out our faith. Fly the flag at the top of the flagpole by standing up for truth and righteousness. There is victory in Jesus!
We may find ourselves in a bad circumstance - but regardless of what happens we must trust in the Lord. Show Him that you love Him by trusting Him today.
Embrace your trial, stand up for truth and righteousness - for His Name's sake - today is your opportunity to stand for Him!
Eternity is just around the corner....in a few short months or years we will all stand before the Lord - Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment